Summer Camp is an incredible opportunity for children – ages 5-17 – to enjoy new experiences outside of their everyday routines and school.
Starting April 23, 2021, in collaboration with Embrace Families, the Foundation for Foster Children is accepting requests to pay for children from Seminole, Orange & Osceola counties to attend summer camp programs in 2021. This is intended to allow children to have unique opportunities and is not meant to meet a need for childcare. Note: Children placed in Central Florida from out of area or state are not eligible for summer camp funds through Embrace Families. The Foundation has a limited amount of funding for these children and may approve summer camps for these children as funds are available.
- Summer camps must fall between May 28th and August 20th.
- Camps should be age-appropriate, individualized and wanted by the child.
- Please submit requests as soon as possible due to limited summer camps and openings due to COVID-19.
- Due to limited funding, requests for camps longer than one (1) week or more than $250, specialty/therapeutic camps, or sleep-away/overnight camps will not be approved. City/County Recreation Depts, Boys & Girls Clubs, and YMCAs will be given preference due to their reduced cost.
- If the child requires more than one (1) week for caregiver work purposes or other circumstances, please submit your request to the Foundation for Foster Children; special requests will be reviewed by Embrace Families’ Network Resources staff prior to approval.
- For children who may qualify for children’s mental health (formerly known as FSPT) funding because they are in therapy or received a mental health diagnosis in the past 12 months, please submit your request to the Foundation; these special requests will be reviewed by Embrace Families’ Network Resources staff prior to approval. Please be aware that we have NO additional children’s mental health funding until July 1st. After July 1st, eligible requests approved for funding may be available to cover more than one (1) week, overnight or therapeutic camps.
For children with an active Family Support, In-Home, or Post-Adoption case requiring summer camp for emergency placement stability purposes only, please submit your requests to the Foundation. These requests will then be reviewed and approved by Embrace Families.
It takes 3-5 business days to process a request. Please complete your request for funding in an adequate amount of time before the child’s start date.