The Foundation for Foster Children is currently accepting requests for professional tutoring services for Grades 6th - 12th, GED and College. Students must meet the criteria for approval. Please note that funding is limited and requests will be approved on a first come-first served basis for students with the most critical academic need. Additionally, continued service eligibility will be reviewed and determined quarterly.
Please keep in mind that professional Tutoring services will start in January 2024. FFC will serve up to 30 students from January 2024 to December 2024. Tutoring services will be paused June 2024 - August 2024. All 30 students will be approved for 4 hours of professional tutoring per month
Criteria for Approval
- Student is between 6th and 12th grade, getting GED or going to College
- Student must be living in or case-managed out of Seminole, Orange and or Osceola counties
-Student has to have an open dependency case
- Student is below grade level or has a GPA below 2.0
- Student does not have excessive absences from school
- Student was retained in the previous school year
- Student is a high-school senior for the 2023/2024 school year/working to obtain a GED
- Special circumstance that requires students to participate in professional tutoring services
Please allow 5-7 business days to process the request. An FFC or Embrace Families staff member will be in touch.