The following is a list of the Foundation’s most urgent needs.
- Urgent Need – Items for Safe Spaces- particularly pre-teen and teen clothes, underwear, and bras. Also, size 2/3 diapers.
- Stuffed Animals with Tags- new comfort items to be given to children when they attend court.
- New Books- for a variety of ages to stock bookshelves in various group homes as well as foster homes.
- Gift Card Donations- Walmart, Target, Amazon, Visa, AmEx, and Mastercard gift cards in all denominations-for educational incentives, birthday gifts, and more! Mail to 2265 Lee Rd, Suite 203, Winter Park, Fl. 32789 or drop off between the hours of 9a-4:45p M-F. You may host a gift card drive or donate individually. Contact us for supplies and help with ideas if you host a drive.
- Corporate Partnerships-Businesses initiating a Corporate Social Responsibility program or looking to get more involved through a current program.
- Handmade Birthday Cards– FFC sends out about 160 handmade birthday cards EVERY month! That’s a lot of cards for a lot of kids!
- Education+ Encouragement Cards-FFC sends these cards out with incentives once report cards are received. Check out directions here, third heading down: Make “Education+Encouragement” Cards
- Donations of Cars-Some youth transitioning to adulthood face challenges in getting to school and work due to a lack of transportation.
- General Operating Support– FFC has a need for unrestricted funds that can meet the needs of children in foster care as they arise. Examples include: gymnastics classes, $80/month; laptop computers, $400; college textbooks, $300; rental deposits $500+.
- “Expert” Resource Volunteer Bank– We are in need of volunteers qualified to assist with things like graphic design, social media, writing, delivery of items during business hours, and helping a youth to purchase a car for the first time. To volunteer, please navigate to https://foundationforfosterchildren.org/get-involved/volunteer/ and let Allison know if you are especially interested in one particular area.
To discuss donating to our Current Needs, contact:
- Allison DiGioiaemail@example.com
- Office Phone: 407.422.4615