The following is a list of the Foundation’s most urgent needs.
- Urgent Need – Items for Safe Spaces- New clothing for all ages, underwear, sports bras, diapers all sizes, bottles, formula, wipes, new toys and a pack ‘n play.
- New Stuffed Animals- for children waiting in courthouses or being adopted. *Note, we are only able to accept stuffed animals with tags so as to avoid providing items with unknown allergens to the children. 🙂
- Gift Card Donations- Walmart, Target, Amazon, Visa, AmEx, and Mastercard gift cards in all denominations-for educational incentives, birthday gifts, and more! Mail to 2265 Lee Rd, Suite 203, Winter Park, Fl. 32789 or drop off between the hours of 9 AM-4:45 PM M-F. You may host a gift card drive or donate individually. Contact us for supplies and help with ideas if you host a drive.
- New Books- for reading levels Pre-K through 2nd grade and 6th grade and above to stock bookshelves in various group homes as well as foster homes.
- Donations of Cars-Some youth transitioning to adulthood face challenges in getting to school and work due to a lack of transportation.
- Education+ Encouragement Cards-FFC sends these cards out with incentives once report cards are received. Check out directions here, third heading down: Make “Education+Encouragement” Cards
- Extracurricular Support– FFC has a need for unrestricted funds that can meet the needs of children in foster care as they arise. Examples include: gymnastics classes, laptop computers, college textbooks, rental deposits.
- Expert Resource Volunteer Bank– We are in need of volunteers qualified to assist with things like graphic design, social media, writing, delivery of items during business hours, and helping a youth to purchase a car for the first time. To volunteer, please navigate to https://foundationforfosterchildren.org/get-involved/volunteer/ and let Allison know if you are especially interested in one particular area.
To discuss donating to our Current Needs, contact:
- Kristine Persaud firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Phone: 407.422.4615